Lightbox sign installed outdoors
What is an outdoor lightbox sign?
A lightbox is an illuminated signage device that serves as a prominent means of conveying messages, branding, or advertising information for external signage purposes. Its primary function is to enhance visibility either day or night, making it a powerful tool for businesses, councils, government regulators, shopping centres or other locations that have to either capture the attention or inform people in the vicinity.
There are different ways an outdoor lightbox can be constructed, but for outdoor use it would typically be made of a sturdy material like an aluminium frame with translucent panels that are made from acrylic or polycarbonate material. The panel serves as the canvas for displaying graphics, text, or images.
Inside the lightbox will be one or more lighting elements, such as a LED (Light Emitting Diode) module or fluorescent tubes that are positioned to evenly distribute illumination across the signage panel surfaces so they can be easily read no matter what the conditions are, day or night.
They get installed on the wall of a building, from the ceiling indoors or even under an awning. In fact light boxes can come in a range of sizes and shapes to be installed nearly anywhere you need them.
Examples of how lightboxes can be used
There are lots of practical reasons for using a lightbox as your outdoor signage solution including;
- Enhanced visibility: The core purpose of a lightbox is to ensure the visibility of your signage, even in low-light or nighttime conditions. The internal lighting elements illuminate the sign’s content, making it easily discernible from a distance or at night. This is ideal for retail shops, parking areas or even sporting grounds.
- Branding and advertising: Lightboxes are commonly employed by businesses to showcase their brand logos, promotional messages, or product advertisements. The vibrant, well-lit display draws attention and reinforces brand recognition when people see it. In most cases a light box will be used to show the identity of a location, but there are ways that they can be used with different messages that are changed regularly.
- Regulatory compliance: When used for external signage, lightboxes can communicate important warnings, regulations or other information to help a site comply with any regulatory needs in the area.
- Wayfinding: the most common use for lightboxes is for wayfinding where they are installed in highly visible areas to help direct people to a particular location or destination.
What other signs can be used outdoors
If you have a location that needs signs that can be used outdoors then our sign shop has a range of choices available that can compliment the use of lightbox signage
- Outdoor banner flags; outdoor banner flags can be placed on bases and located in multiple locations on a footpath, the grass or even a car park. They can be used to draw attention to a promotion or provide directional assistance.
- A Frame outdoor signs; outdoor A Frame signs are very similar in nature to banner flags in that they are portable, easy to relocate and very simple to place nearly anywhere or remove if needed.
- Flag pole; for Government locations, corporate offices or schools you can have a flag pole installed to have a permanent outdoor solution to display a flag.
- Wayfinding sign: A wayfinding sign can be installed on a post to direct people into a driveway or parking area very easily. They can be permanent in nature and placed out on the street where a lightbox might not be practical.
We hope you enjoyed our behind the scenes look at how another business has approached their new signage project. You can visit our sign writing shop in Cardiff near Newcastle in New South Wales. At Screen Signs, we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have and are always happy to come up with some mock up ideas to get things started.